Wednesday, June 24, 2020

I’m not weird, you’re weird

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kdaIpjexv6p1yuMzjAjnKBe1CVIAnDRk
When I talk about my Traeger grill, people laugh. I’ve always loved grilling, since watching my dad do it on his Weber grill in the 70’s.  And I’ve had several propane grills as an adult. But 2 1/2 years ago, my life changed.

My wife and I walked into our local Costco and they were doing a Traeger event. I had been researching Traeger all summer, and this was the moment of truth. And I plunked down $799. I thought it was an obscene amount of money, but I was tired of burning things on a propane grill that I had to constantly monitor.

With the Traeger app for guidance, I have turned into a BBQ and smoking fiend!
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xaUUujX7V-Fsp3H7jWSmIFhba8EjWjFx
Brisket, ribs, pork chops, and burgers. Oh, the burgers! Literally put them on the grill, close the lid, and 20 minutes later take them off the gril. Perfection!

Yeah, I’m weird. But that brings up another side issue: people giving their kids traditional names but spelling them weird: JoLayne, Kaytlynn, Olivea, Heylee, Peetur, and Joseff are just a few examples. Makes it hard on the rest of us. What do you think?

No comments: